Sunday, October 11, 2009

It's a bird! It's a plane!

After finishing Luke's quilt top, I was ready for something a little more challenging. I saw Amy's tutorial for an airplane quilt block on Badskirt and figured I'd give it a try. Here's my plane.
Photobucket
It was fun and definitely took me out of my comfort zone. Amy's tutorial is very clear and easy to follow. What am I going to do with it? Not sure yet. I might turn it into a pillow or frame it for Luke's room. Now my wheels are turning...I bet I could make a robot block to hang in Luke's room. (Maybe something like this?)

8 comments:

Amy Badskirt said...

I'm glad to hear the tutorial worked out well! It's funny, but robots were high on my list of blocks to try soon. After the plane, I made a little sailboat.

Can't wait to see your robot!

Leah said...

I think a robot on a wall hanging would be cute. I'm in awe that you're ready for more challenging projects. You are fearless.

Natalie said...

You made that already? I would think something like that would take weeks.

jaime @ a place out west said...

Wow - I admire your talent! I've had fun browsing through your projects. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog the other day! :)

Angie said...

Cute block. It makes me want to try the tutorial. I was at Amy's blog and that is how I found yours!

Beth said...

oh, that plane block is so cute! I love the robot block you linked to also, I am sure if you can do a plane you can do that robot!

Stephanie said...

Your skillz are beginning to make me feel inferior.

Cheryl Arkison said...

I love it!