Monday, October 5, 2009

Finished Frenchy

I know you've been waiting with bated breath to see my finished Frenchy bag. (You have been waiting with bated breath...right?) I appreciate everyone's opinions. They helped me realize that I didn't have the right fabrics to make the bag I wanted. After doing some research, I figured out that the fabrics I had were all from Amy Butler's Nigella home decor line, but they were from different colorways. So I found a fabric I like in a smaller scale that actually matched my favorite exterior fabric, and voila! Frenchy was born. Without further ado...

Photobucket
This is a great pattern with very clear instructions. I'm glad I used the home decor fabric. It makes for a sturdy bag. It has lots of fancy details like a lining, pockets, and even a magnetic snap closure. I pretty much love it.

13 comments:

The Bakers said...

Love it! Your craftiness continues to blow my mind.

Leah said...

I love it too. I actually have been waiting. I'm glad you got the fabrics worked out.

Eric, Marilyn, and Elliott said...

I'm here to report that I saw this bag with my own eyes today, and it is just as fabulous as it appears in pictures. On second thought, it's more fabulous. Much more.

Natalie said...

Wow. That is awesome. Impressed. Totally.

Robin said...

love it. you did an awesome job, with the construction and the choice of fabric.

sniff. I am so proud.

Anonymous said...

Cute, I love the Amy Butler patterns. Here are a few of the purses I have made too.
http://houseofjohns.blogspot.com/2009/08/purses-purses-purses.html

Beth said...

oh, it looks great! I like the fabrics you ended up using!

Unknown said...

You are awesome.

Sherri said...

Oh, I love this bag...I've been wanting to make this pattern too! I might use some of Amy's new line when the heavier weight is available!

Cheryl Arkison said...

Wow, it looks great!

Stephanie said...

I'm so super impressed. Can't wait to see it in person. And, yes, now I can breathe again.

mary said...

I like that you wait for the right choice of color and fabric. You don't settle for less than what your vision is. Nice work Katie. Aunt Mary

Unknown said...

your bag looks gorgeous, well done on your fabric choices