Wednesday, February 2, 2011

WIP Wednesday

I finished my Hello Betty postage stamp quilt top this week (using Rachel's quilt-along).
Hello Betty Postage Stamp Top
This one is probably going to sit around for a while. It's huge, and the thought of quilting it makes me a little crazy!

HelloBettyClose
Want to know how many 2-inch squares make up this quilt top? That would be 1,200. Mercy.

I have a few other irons in the fire this week. I finished one other project, but it's of a gifty nature, so I can't show it to you yet. I have made NO progress on my Sliced Coins quilt, but I should be able to devote some time to that tonight. Oh, and my Red Letter Day quilt top remains untouched. But now that I have these 1,200 squares behind me, I'll be able to move on to something else!

I'm linking up to Lee at Freshly Pieced!!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

16 comments:

Lee said...

WOW.

That is all. : )

Thanks for linking up with WIP Wednesday, have a great week!

Kati said...

That looks so impressive. Love it! Look at all those perfect little corners.

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

Your postage stamp looks great! I forgot to include mine in my WIP post. duh. I too am waiting to quilt this. I'm curious to see how everyone else does it. It does seem overwhelming.

Elizabeth Dackson said...

1200???? That is amazing. And huge! I really love how it turned out :)

Jessica Kelly said...

Wow! That is awesome! I've started in on that quilt along as well, and the ending size is a little overwhelmong of all 2 inch squares!! Great job!

Kristie said...

I'm drooling, Katie! Awesome! Have started on my Hello Betty postage stamp. I hope to sew like a psycho and get the top done by this weekend. Not sure why....mine will probably sit like that for awhile, too!

Your corners are awesome, btw. Don't daunt me with the # of squares!!

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

Oh my goodness. 1200 squares. All I have to say is--long arm! Have you ever tried? Lots of shops will rent out time, and it is so much fun.

Lindsay Conner said...

This quilt top looks beautiful! I think I'm a fan of the postage stamp style now after looking at yours. :)

Diane said...

I love anything made from Hello Betty and this looks beautiful!

Tracey Jacobsen said...

"mercy."

awesome quilt though. love it to bits. 1200 bits to be exact.

Megan said...

that. is. awesome. Nice work!!!

Amy Sp said...

Hello Betty was a great choice for the quilt along. Love the fabric and your finished quilt! Thanks for sharing. :)

Sunshine said...

Hey,
maybe Cristin's post will help you with the quilting - might be worth a shot :) She sounds very convincing!
http://cristinwilson.blogspot.com/2011/01/long-arm-of-law.html
Cheers,
Christine

Carolyn said...

Holy Smokes!! It's gorgeous!

Emma Shilton said...

Absolutely love the colours in this! You've finished the top beautifully

mrsshilts.co.uk

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I haven't made a postage stamp quilt. I am working on a 1.5" 9 patch variation (w/ HST's).