Friday, February 25, 2011

Paging Dr. Luke

LukeScrubs

This was community helper week at preschool. On Thursday, the students dressed up as their favorite community helpers. I made scrubs for Luke using Butterick pattern 5565. This was a good reminder of why I don't sew clothes: Scrubs have a very generous fit (with lots of room for error), and the top is still way too big! Oh well, he still looked cute. And maybe he can wear them again for Community Helper Day 2014.


LukeScrubs2

I have to tell you my tale of woe with this project. I started it back in the fall for community helper day at Luke's old school. I was furiously sewing the night before when we had a bad storm and lost power for the rest of the night, so I couldn't finish them. Then I tried to get Luke to go as a doctor for Halloween. He decided he'd rather be Spider-Man. So I was glad he got the chance to wear them!

LukeScrubs3
And...here's one more pic of the kid. Cause he's cute.

12 comments:

Elizabeth Dackson said...

So darn cute!!! I love these shots, they're so cute. Luke's smile just is so infectious :)

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

lol - clothes ARE hard. I always struggle with the pants. You did a great job, he looks adorable!

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

Very cute, the boy and the scrubs! Clothes are hard! I avoid them like the plague.

Carolyn said...

OMG...that's adorable!

Eric, Marilyn, and Elliott said...

He looks super sweet! And I love his longer hair...we'll have him sporting the Elliott/Tom Brady/Dorothy Hamill look in no time! :)

Robin said...

Dr luke looks proud. The watch adds authenticity. You did a great job on the scrubs-you are too hard on yourself.

Kati said...

So cute!

Tracey Jacobsen said...

he is cute! love it! :)

Anonymous said...

He is positively adorable. I love his flirty eyes. He's the cutest doctor I know.
Grandma

Leah said...

I want to take him to Heinz's work and show him off! They'll put him to work cheering up the patients.

I remember that crafting emergency! We need to buy a sewing machine generator.

Natalie said...

Cute is right!

Sunshine said...

My gosh, the boy is cute - most babies lose their cuteness so quickly, lucky you!