Thursday, February 10, 2011

Hideaway hoarding

I don't think I'm a fabric hoarder. I have a relatively modest stash (although more than I need), and I don't hesitate to cut into my most favorite pieces. But then I found Hideaway...

Hideaway Stash
I first came across this line by Lauren & Jessi Jung when I saw Cherie's postage stamp quilt (I guess I'm blaming you, Cherie!). So I bought a charm pack (fabric hoarding's gateway drug) and decided I must. have. more. I found a really good deal on some fat quarters, and then I was completely hooked.

HideawayGreen
It's not what I'd normally call "my style," but I love the bright, fresh color palette, and it really gives me a feeling of nostalgia. It reminds me of my family's trip to Germany when I was a kid. (If I cite nostalgia, that makes it okay...right?)

IMG_2784
Love the little deer...and the birds. And the gingham!

Hideaway Yellow
It's just so...pretty!

IMG_2785
This print is my favorite. It makes me think of the hex signs my dad used to paint.

HideawayBlue
I honestly have no plans for this fabric. I'll used it eventually, I promise. Right now I'm just...collecting. (Hoarding has such a negative connotation these days! It's fabric, people. Not cats!)

Mary and I have been e-mailing about our shared obsession appreciation for this fabric, and we agree that we haven't seen much of it out there in blogland. So I started a Flickr group to see if there are any other enthusiasts out there.

What fabric line makes you lose your ability to reason?

14 comments:

Erin said...

Oddly enough - that fabric. I hadn't seen it before and I love it.

Other than that - I love Fresh Flowers a LOT

Unknown said...

I love this line too. I'm a sucker for whimsical designs. I only have a charm pack right now, but I think I'm going to get some yardage too.
I haven't seen it around blogland either. Maybe soon. It's a nice break from the more popular lines. :)

Mary said...

HA! You crack me up, I was planning to write a post this morning :) I so need to buy more. I really want a full yard of the village print.

Sarah Craig said...

I'm afraid Sherbet Pips would be my go-to drug. Fortunately I haven't found it locally to drool over, because then I'd be sure to lose all control and take it all home with me!

Leslie said...

this is gorgeous...i have not seen it until now and i think i might need to go and get some for myself. it is definitely one of those fabrics that i would have but never quite be able to make myself use....i have a tendency to buy American Jane whenever a new line comes out...but usually in charm packs or layer cakes, not yardage.

Stephanie said...

I love them all, but especially the first and last ones. Ooooh.

MollyP said...

I am so in love with this line. Were you the one who bought all the FQ sets from laurl on etsy? They were sitting in my cart and just up and disappeared! I plan on collecting a lot of Hideaway and... maybe one day... using it. No promises. I just like looking at it.

Beth said...

I hadn't seen this fabric before. Thanks for sharing. I can understand why you like it. There are many cute pieces.

AnneMarie said...

Love this fabric...and I haven't seen it before. I think you may have made me a convert. Looks lovely and I think I may need to get some!

Anita said...

I love this fabric line as well. I'm getting pretty close to buying some for my stash.

Lee said...

I love this line, and I had never seen it before. I'm so glad you (and Mary!) are bringing it to my attention! I'm buying some now!

Tracey Jacobsen said...

I'm a fan of this line myself... it's so pretty. :)

Susan said...

Thanks for you and Mary I am now officially obsessed with this. I want to fly off to Switzerland now and eat chocolate in the hills above Interlaken. I guess buying some Hideaway online will be cheaper. :)

Leah said...

I love the green colorway so much. Especially the cuckoo clock print!