Monday, February 28, 2011

E is for Elephant

Luke's buddy Elliott had a birthday party this weekend, so I made him a little elephant.

Elephant
I used the Elijah pattern from Ysolda. I bought it from my local yarn shop, but it looks like you can download it from her web site too. She has lots of cute patterns (love the hedgehog and these bears). The yarn I used is Sublime.

IMG_2873
This is a great pattern! The best part: All of the little appendages are added by picking up stitches. So much easier than sewing them together!

5 comments:

Eric, Marilyn, and Elliott said...

It is just as adorable in real life! Elliott has already started calling it Big Al. :)

CityHouseStudio said...

This is so cute!
I love that the appendages are added by picking up stiches -- much nicer. I might have to try this pattern!
Michelle

Lee said...

How cute is that! Love it!

Sunshine said...

Luke is cuter, but the elephant comes pretty close. It's almost too perfect to be home-made *grins*, next time, make a mistake or two, okay? Hahaha. It really does look great!

Kristie said...

Oh, I love this! And I have bookmarked the link for the sweet little hedgehog, how adorable!! Great job!