And...here's the back. I pieced my leftover coins with chunks of Kona Coal and Aqua. I like the back as much as the front!
There's a lot to love about this line. I love the names she chose for each print: Aromatherapy, Seaweed Wrap, Zen Garden, Dahlia Lama (to name a few). It's one of those she-thought-of-everything details.
I included a little selvedge strip on the back as my homage to Ms. Young.
Sanctuary is a cotton shirting weight. I found it to be a bit softer and lighter-weight than most quilting cottons. To me, it seemed to fall somewhere on the spectrum between quilting cotton and voile. Obviously, it would be great for clothing, but I think it makes a pretty excellent quilt too!
I quilted with an all-over stipple. At first, I went for wavy lines, but I wasn't loving it so I ripped it out. After seeing Lee's and Megan's versions, I wish I'd stuck with the wavy lines! (Theirs are vertical and mine were horizontal...I think vertical is definitely the way to go.)
I used the glass tiles quilt for binding.
Luke took it for a fresh-from-the-dryer test drive, and he didn't have any complaints!