Wednesday, February 22, 2012

WIP Wednesday

I have a few things to show for my long weekend. Without further ado...

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Finished:
Scrappy Tumbler!
Tumbler binding

Just put this one in the dryer! Pictures soon.

Sew Beautiful Block for Emily
Sew Beautiful block for Emily
Emily entrusted her lovely Heirloom fabric to us for her month in the Sew Beautiful Bee. I added in some Kona Sage and School Bus and attempted to make some improv chevrons (like this). Mine turned out kinda weird...

In progress

Swoon-along
No progress here! The HST burnout persists.

For the Love of Solids swap

FTLOS Mini in progress
I'm planning some hand quilting and maybe a binding with a flange...then it's on to the small project.

Completed tops awaiting quilting:
Postage Stamp quilt
Kaleidoscope baby quilt #2
Fabricland
Scrap Attack tumblers

To do:
Sew Beautiful block for Emily
Drunkard's Path Quilt-Along
Something with Gray/Green blocks
Superhero quilt #2?

Head to Lee's to see what everyone else is working on!

P.S. What is up with the new blogger word verification?? What am I supposed to do with this?
Dear Blogger word verification thingy...

14 comments:

Debbie said...

Yay for your finish! And love your FTLOS project! Nice. And word verification - word on the street is we're turning it off. I agree - what a mess!

The Thompsons said...

The improv Chevrons look cool and love your solids. I have been thinking the same exact thing about the word verification - I feel like I'm blind every time I try to decipher one.

Elizabeth Dackson said...

I like your improv chevrons, they look cool! I think Em's quilt is going to super fab when she puts all these blocks together, can't wait to see that. And yay for your scrappy tumbler finish! I hadn't seen the new word verification garbage, boo! Hope that goes away soon!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

I love your twister block solid piece and that orange fabric is stunning! I think the word verification thing is a nightmare too! Have you tried the audio option - it's no better!

Heather D. said...

It all look great. Looking forward to a bigger view of that tumbler quilt. Also, I really like your improv chevron even if it's not like the one you linked. Yours is cooler!!

And yes, turn off the word verification. It's a pain in the butt, I've never used it on my blog and have gotten maybe a small handful of spammy comments.

Kelsey said...

All great projects! Love that block :) And I agree with you on the word verification- they post things that only a robot would be able to read!!

LisaAnn said...

Yay for the finish! I love the scrappy tumblers! I just had one of those wonky, blurry verification words...

Elvy Crafts said...

I love your solid windmills! I've seen some done with the mini-twister ruler, which turn out beautifully as well. But I can't quite bring myself to cut up blocks that are already sewn, and then to throw away all those scraps!

Rebecca said...

I HATE the new word verification too ~ seriously don't know how I get any right! And I LOVE that solids quilt!

Kirsten said...

Love the Heirloom block and your solids quilt looks beautiful!!!!

Scrap,Quilt, Preach said...

i want to copy your solid quilt. fantastic colors.

Lee said...

Oooh, nice solids mini. Love the colors! Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

Anna said...

I LOVE your improv chevrons, thanks for linking to my tutorial! I actually saw them and thought, "what a cool block" before I even saw the link!

Angela Nash said...

I love your scrappy tumbler.

But that new word verification thing is horrible and driving me up the wall. I may stop leaving comments when I come across it - it drives my blood pressure through the roof!