Sunday, February 12, 2012

Seuss-tastic

Wonkey Seuss--done!

When I was home for Christmas, I raided my mom's Seuss stash to get fabric for this quilt. She gave me the Cat in the Hat panel and some coordinating FQs, I wonkified (it's a word) them, added some solids, and this quilt was born.


Kind of hard to see the quilting, but it's loopy. I used light gray thread. I intended to use white, but when I started quilting I realized I was all out (egad!). It was about 9 p.m., so I went with gray. I was a little worried, but I think it looks fine.


Crinkly goodness.

Wonky Seuss back
For the back, I used a yard of the Celebrate Seuss All-Over Blue, and then added some leftover Cat in the Hat fabic to make it big enough. The quilt measures about 44x48.

Seuss binding
Love the Seuss Squiggle Stripes for binding!

This will be heading to my cousin and his wife, who are having a baby soon (and decorating the nursery in a Seuss theme). Hope it's well-loved!

Linking up with Sew Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations!
{Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations

21 comments:

Lindsay@fortheloveofcotton said...

I LOVE this quilt! It looks fabulous and I bet the new parents are going to love it as well. Makes me want to pull out the Grinch fabric that I bought right after Christmas at 40% off.

Debbie said...

Very cute! I love how a couple of the blocks go right to the edge...

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I adore your Cat in the Hat!

Robin said...

I love the framing around the panels. And the back is perfect. They are going to love it.

Heather D. said...

It turned out great! I love that you wonkified it. :)

Teje Karjalainen said...

Beautiful and so happy quilt!

Irina said...

this is great! I have some Dr Seuss panels and fabric and I was trying to figure out how to design the quilt. Yours really helps. it's beautiful!

Eileen said...

Very cute! Love Dr. Seuss!

Toni said...

Such a fun quilt! A Seuss quilt just needs to be wonky, doesn't it?

CityHouseStudio said...

Super cute, Katie!

Candy said...

I just love it.
I was wondering if you would email me the instructions on how to make this quilt.
Thank you

twizzler2@aol.com

KendasCrafts said...

looks awesome! i have some suess fabric I need to work into a quilt. thanks for the inspiration!

Sana Saroti said...

Love that quilt!!! I was looking for a cool panel like this a little while ago, but wasn't successful. You did a wonderful job and I am 100% sure it will be loved!

The Bakers said...

You are going to put Pottery Barn Kids out of business, one quilt at a time.

Kirsten said...

A bit of wonky is just perfect for Dr Suess:)

**nicke... said...

for the record, wonkified is absolutely a word! i love this quilt so much katie! it is so cute and i love the wonky blocks! LOVE it!

Leah said...

I love it!

felicity said...

Wonkified is TOTALLY a word! And it works here for sure. LOVE this quilt!!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Sew cute! I like the wonky look for Seuss. It really fits.

mary said...

He and his Mother will LOVE it! You are amazing.

Anonymous said...

I made a quilt out of the same panels of Suess fabric. I love that you just went with the mis shapen lopsided Suessness of it all. That was overwhelming for me. Great job!