Sunday, May 3, 2009

Introducing: Katie's Book Pass-along

I love to read, but lately it just hasn't been a priority. Some days I only read outside of work if the particular show I happen to be watching has subtitles. And then I'm annoyed. I spent about six weeks reading the latest John Grisham book...and only made it halfway through. This is a problem, see? Other things just seem to take precedence. Some are important. Some are playing Diner Dash on my iPhone.
In order to make reading a part of my routine again, I'm introducing a new feature on my blog. (Drum roll, please.) The deal: Every month or so, I'll read a book. Then I'll write about it here. You comment on my post, and I'll pick one reader at random to be the recipient of my book. Then I'll send it off to the winner in the mail, wherever he or she may live. All I ask is that when you're finished, you pass it along to someone else, and ask that person to do the same.
Sound fun? Am I the next Oprah?
Check back tomorrow for the first book! (I'm such a tease!) I have about 20 pages left, and I think you're going to like it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like it if you would just tell me what books to read. I haven't read anything good lately. Mary

Natalie said...

Sweet! Can't wait. The pressure's on now, sister!

Courtney said...

Sounds good. I never read anymore. I need to take the time instead of sitting in front of the boob tube!

Eric, Marilyn, and Elliott said...

Thanks for doing this, Katie. I hope to find more time for reading again now that the TV is all the way down in our basement and I have to make the effort to go downstairs to watch. (My theory: Out of sight, out of mind. We won't miss it because we don't see it!) :)

Leah said...

Wow, you're so cool! I love this idea.