Sunday, September 21, 2008

Product testing

I tried these new Ore-Ida frozen potatoes this weekend. I'd tried a different brand of frozen Ore-Ida potatoes before, but they've changed them. Before you turn up your nose, these are not instant potatoes. They are real potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks. The fine folks at Ore-Ida just take care of the prep work for you. You throw the whole bag into the microwave like a bag of popcorn, and then add milk and butter and mash them up.
I used them to make this delicious Loaded Baked Potato Casserole. Yum.
They also have a sweet potato variety that I think I'll try for Luke.

4 comments:

Robin said...

I have had that baked potato casserole and it is good.

Stephanie said...

I would never turn up my nose at an invention that makes mashed potatoes easier. Yum!

Anonymous said...

Were they good? Did they taste like real mashed potatoes? Aunt M

Katie B said...

They are good. Then again the recipe I make has Alouette Garlic & Herb Cheese, bacon, and Cheddar. I suppose anything would taste good with all of that mixed in.