Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Splat!

I was looking for a quick project last night. I still need to sew up my Frenchy bag, but my brain capacity hadn't quite recovered from spending a week on the couch. Then I remembered I had all the makings for Tania's Hot Frog. After making a few of her Chickummyjigs, I knew the pattern would be easy to follow. (Free pattern on her Myrtle & Eunice blog.) I made him out of corduroy for extra coziness.

I'm afraid my version looks a little more like amphibious road kill than Tania intended.

What puts the "hot" in the hot frog? He's filled with wheat kernels (I found them at Whole Foods), so you can pop him in the microwave and use him as a hot pad. I think he'll be a perfect foot warmer. Too bad I didn't have this guy made up last week when we all had the chills! Oh well. Next time.

7 comments:

Robin said...

how cute. and functional.

and you are still creative while battling the after effects of the dreaded flu. what a gal.

Eric, Marilyn, and Elliott said...

My mom has a pad like this with rice in it. (Of course it's plain-Jane, not super-cute like yours.) But you'll be surprised how long the wheat/rice will hold heat.

Natalie said...

Impressive. When do you start taking orders?

Leah said...

Katie sure doesn't let the swine flu get her down. That's a really cute heating bag. Wheat berries are also delicious in salad.

Tania said...

Hah! No more splat than he should be, I say. Besides, splat-like makes for extra snuggle factor. So my boy tells me...

Beth said...

oh, that is so cute! I love that it is filled with wheat kernals, such a great idea!

Stephanie said...

Dude. I can't believe you did this while you were home with the FLU. You are something else. This is quite awesome. Plus, I love frogs. Or, as I say it, frawgs.