Thursday, July 16, 2009

Ribbit

I made Ribbit as a part of Luke's birthday present. (Free pattern from the Spud & Chloe Web site.) I'm rather fond of him, and I hope Luke likes him too. Ribbit has a secret: inside his belly is a tennis ball. (Note to self: Keep the dog away from Ribbit.)


I used buttons for the eyes instead of French knots. I'm not so good at the French knots, and Leah was at the movies and therefore unavailable for an emergency tutorial.My favorite part: his froggie feet.

Don't worry; I made some progress on the crayon rolls last night too. I should finish those tonight, as long as Justin and I don't decide to watch the final 5 episodes of Burn Notice season 2 in one fell swoop. Oh! The TV is fixed now. The bulb arrived yesterday (we went with the potentially sketchy online retailer), and Justin installed it. Very easy. Whew.

8 comments:

Robin said...

Ribbit turned out so cute. Luke should love him.

You are really on a roll, Katie.

brother said...

Way to go Justy.

PS- I love sketchy inline retailers.

Anonymous said...

Enough with the toys!!!! Where is the cashmere sweater? In a heather blue or purple, with 3/4 length sleaves, and a Audry Hepburn neckline? I don't know the name of that neckline. In a size Petite Large? Aunt M

Natalie said...

Ribbit is awesome. But the sweater sounds pretty awesome too.

Leah said...

I'm sorry that I wasn't available. But I love the buttons! This turned out so great. I need to make some for my nephews. I can't make them hats since they live in Tampa.

Kate said...

Very cute!

Chase said...

The Ribbit is cute! handmade gifts are treasure. I think Luke will LOVE Ribbit.

Phh said...

Precious! You are so talented!