Friday, April 13, 2012

Kaleidoscope, take 2

When I made my blocks for Elizabeth's Kaleidoscope Quilt-Along *cough* almost a year ago *cough*, I decided to be practical and make two baby-size quilts instead of one larger quilt. I finished the first one right away and sent it off to my cousin's new baby. The other, well it sat and sat...until now!

Kaleidoscope baby quilt
The fabrics are mostly from Paradise from Pat Bravo, with a few extras from my stash added in.

Kaleidoscope close
On my first Kaleidscope, I quilted in straight lines. This time, I used an all-over stipple with light gray thread. The stippling seems to make my not-so-pointy points a little less noticeable.

Kaleidoscope back
For the back, I used more Pat Bravo, plus some Kona Solids to make it long enough.

Kaleidoscope folded
What's that? More AMH premade binding? Yes, it seems to be lasting forever.

Elizabeth's quilt-along ended months ago, but the instructions are still posted on her blog if you'd like to make your own!

11 comments:

Carla said...

Oh how pretty!!

Heather D. said...

Lovely Katie! And what's this?? Pre-made binding? Do tell!

Toni said...

Very pretty! I really like that backing fabric. Excellent finish!

**nicke... said...

i love it katie! so cute! your quilting is so great! i am nervous to try out fmq on my sewing machine because the neck/throat space is soo narrow...

Kirsten said...

I love this Kaleidoscope pattern - beautiful quilt Katie!

Kelly said...

Love the quilt! and you know my feelings on AMH pre made binding!

Debbie said...

As beautiful as your first!;-)
yes - do tell about the binding - where can I find it to glance?

CityHouseStudio said...

What a sweet quilt, Katie! Beautiful job!
I, too, am in the dark about AMH pre-made minding -- what?!?!?!

felicity said...

My Kaleido is still in the piecing stage so don't be embarrassed!

I love how you arranged the fabrics - this looks fab, Katie!

Kristie said...

Yay for finishing up an old project.....I have too many of those haunting me! Quilt looks awesome:)

Elizabeth Dackson said...

Awww, so pretty!!! This is so awesome, I love how this turned out, and holy cow, premade binding sounds so wonderful right now :) What a timesaver!