Sunday, April 1, 2012

$25 Art Gallery

Luke comes home from preschool with new masterpieces every day. I throw them in a pile or (gasp!) sometimes throw them away. I turned to Pinterest in search of a way to display children's artwork, and I found some great ideas, including this one for hanging artwork from a curtain rod. I also considered these vinyl decal frames.


Untitled
But when I found these frames on the 90% off aisle at Hobby Lobby, my decision was easy. I got home, grabbed a hammer, nails, and a level, and ta da! Preschool art gallery in our blank canvas of a hallway.

Untitled
Luke helped me curate the collection. He's very proud of his work (gotta say--I'm a little proud of myself too!).

Untitled
His "Tree of Life" is the prize of our colletion. Each of the frames cost in the $2-$5, except for the center square, which was a little more. Still, the total for the project rang in under $25. Not bad!

15 comments:

Robin said...

what a great idea.

Tania said...

My kids are always catching me out, throwing their art in the recycling bin (ahem). But do they ever catch me when I'm filing their art treasure into folders to keep FOREVER? (Sheesh). I could win some serious brownie points with your idea...

Debbie said...

This is so clever & looks great!

Kati said...

What a fun idea!

Angela Nash said...

Kids love when their art is framed - and it looks so fun on the walls. Great gallery!

Toni said...

Great idea, Katie! Wyatt always catches me throwing his papers away, so I have to be really sneaky. But he would love this, so I might just have to try something like that.

Kristie said...

Looks great! We do something similar, though I usually forget to "rotate the art".....think there is some from a year ago in there right now! Better go swap it!

**nicke... said...

i love this idea! very cute and i am sure he is so proud of his creations being displayed for all to admire!

Lee said...

That tree is awesome! I can see why that's the prize of your collection. : )

We have a string hung from cute hooks, and I clothespin artwork to the string. But seeing Kristie's comment above, I'm really glad I'm not the only one who forgets to change the display every so often. LOL.

Amber said...

Fantasic idea! What is attaching the art to the walls? It's hard for ms to tell from the pics.

felicity said...

We do the string-and-clothespins thing but I admit, I'm constantly being caught recycling "art" ("MAMA WHAT IS THIS DOING IN THE RECYCLING BIN???") but in my defense, it's the random scribbles not the prized works. Though to her, everything is equally prized.

Anyway, enough about me - I completely LOVE your gallery idea.

CityHouseStudio said...

So cute, Katie! I just love it!

Jennifer said...

What a great idea! Did you Pin this? You should!

Burleynzhf said...

This is the most convenient way of getting money and under this scheme you need to repay the amount as per the conditions of this scheme. Since everything is handled online, there is no need for a fax machine or an extra dedicated fax phone line. 20.1 and more With websites like eFax, maxemail, or MyFax you can pay a monthly fee to send and receive faxes. From the prospective of our VoIP Internet network,, it is a SIP/H.323 client with T.38 and G.711 Fax support. Hire a fax advertising services firm and do a few trial runs.

Victoria said...

thank you for this post. I saw it and I instantly remember a couple of old frames in the storage room. I have going around how to display my son's art for two weeks now. :D