Friday, April 20, 2012

Gettin' My Zakka On

I finally got a chance to join in the Zakka Style Sew-Along, hosted by Lindsey and Amy. They're on project 3, the Zakka Pincushion. It's a cute and quick project. Zakka style pincushion We're making projects from Rashida Coleman-Hale's book Zakka Style, so using her Washi Tape fabric seemed like the polite thing to do. I don't have any fancy trims or doo-dads, but I added a purple button and appliqued my initial on top.
Zakka Style Sew Along
There's still time to join in the fun!

6 comments:

**nicke... said...

very cute katie! i love the k too!

Debbie said...

very cool & awesome you used the washi! haven't indulged myself yet, but it's fun!

Robin said...

this would look perfect in my pincushion collection. Most of my collection is virtual, on Pinterest, but I have made a few.

Katie said...

Really cute with the Washi!

Amy DeCesare said...

Love that washi pincushion! So cute, with your initial.

Kirsten said...

Cute pincushion Katie! Love the washi and the "K" - you could always send it to me if you decide you don't like it anymore:)