Monday, April 2, 2012

He speaks for the trees.

Untitled
My nephew requested a stuffed Lorax after seeing the movie. Luckily, the Lorax is just a lump of a fellow, so I didn't think it would be too hard.

Untitled
Here's version 2 with his predecessor (and my helper).

grimace/lorax
The original skewed a little more Grimace than Lorax, so we made a few tweaks.

Untitled
Luke told me he needed to be fatter, and his mustache should be yellow instead of white (duh). Just some flannel and fur, but I think he's cute!

9 comments:

Eric, Marilyn, and Elliott said...

I see what you did there, forcing him to pose atop a butchered tree. You are a mean woman. But a creative one.

Little Bluebell (Adrianne) said...

LOL! He is too much!! Great job Mom!!! : )

felicity said...

Love it!

**nicke... said...

oh i love him! so so fun! there is something so satisfying about just whipping something up like that isn't there! great job! xo

Elizabeth Dackson said...

So cute!! I bet Luke adores him :) He looks great!

Toni said...

Cute! I'm sure your nephew will love him. Maybe as much as I love that first comment...

sukie said...

He's adorable!

Sana Saroti said...

Very cute! The story was not to well know here in Germany, but I saw a trailer the other day (it doesnt start before July here) and now I wanna see it. Love the message! I'll probably have zero problems persuading my little sister to go with me ;-)

Riegerxlpb said...

Love it!