Saturday, January 21, 2012

Three things on a rainy Saturday

Seems like the weather is keeping lots of folks close to home this weekend. It's warm here, but it's been rainy enough to keep me home from my usual trek to Target.

Houndstooth!
Thing 1: I entered my Houndstooth quilt in the Black & White quilt contest over on the Quilting Gallery blog. Pop over there and check out the entries, and vote for mine if you're so inclined. :)

Quilting Loulouthi
Thing 2: I started a quilt using my Loulouthi stash. Should have the binding sewn on today. More soon!

Thing 3: I saw this post on using Perle cotton like regular thread in your sewing machine, and I was all what the?? If you've tried this, I'd love to hear about it.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Love the quilt. Using stash is GOOD (I should start).LOL.Perle cotton-Yes, I have done it. It can be amazing. I have only done it a few times, but here is what I have learned. It must be "3 strand" (size 12) or smaller. DMC split into 3 does not go well. I have used Finca, Valdani (Hm, that doesn't look right) and one other brand I can't remember at the moment (comes in a plastic bag and I think the tag at the top is pink/blue. My favorite was using a varigated Valdani...really pretty.

**nicke... said...

i love your houndstooth quilt. i really need that pattern! i can't wait to see your loulouthi quilt. i bet it is gorgeous!