Monday, May 7, 2012

Gratuitous fabric purchase

Couldn't resist I've been trying not to buy any fabric unless I have a specific purpose for it...but I knew I was going to break that goal once I saw the new Happy Drawing line by Ed Emberley. See, I have fond memories of this book from my childhood, so the fabric has a nostalgic feel for me.
Ed Emberley/Happy Drawing panel

The line has a really fun panel.

Untitled
And the squiggles are just cool.

I know I have some baby gifts to make in the near future, and Luke is eying the dragon print, so I'm sure I'll put it to good use. Have I sufficiently justified my purchase?

(I got mine from Hawthorne Threads, but it looks like some prints are out of stock already. The Fabricworm newsletter said they're taking preorders.)

7 comments:

Toni said...

Those squiggles are perfect! I've been good about resisting this line so far, but I can feel that starting to crumble. Way too much fun! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Alli said...

I bought almost every print I could at Hawthorne Threads, too! I also generally don't buy entire fabric lines, but I couldn't resist. :D

Angela Nash said...

Love it! I am trying not to buy more fabric, too. But I may have to cave with these. I also spent a lot of time with those drawing books when I was little!

felicity said...

Oh my, those squiggles! LOVE!

Elizabeth Dackson said...

I absolutely heart those squiggles!! I love that Luke is eyeing that dragon print, it looks awesome...I might just need some of that one too!

Kristie said...

Totally cute, unique and justifiable :)

**nicke... said...

i told my husband this was the year of obscene fabric purchasing. i feel i have been on the mild side so far. i should try harder, although, i bought a fq pack of summersville this morning. maybe you should come to the dark side with me... keep up the spending!