Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Echo-fabulous

I'm back! I finished my Echo quilt and had a few minutes before work to take a few pictures.

Echo finish!
It was a quick and simple quilt, and I think it fits my friend's style.



Echo is getting a little hard to find, so I used half-yards of the blue prints and fat quarters of some coordinating Konas (Ash, Candy Green, Nightfall, Glacier, Sage, and Aqua). I found the Echo-inspired Konas at Sew Fresh Fabrics.  I cut all of them into 9-inch squares, which seemed to work well with the big prints.

Untitled

I quilted in random diagonal lines and used this brown Echo print for the binding. echoback

I used another Echo print for the back, and I used up my Echo scraps to fill the "I didn't buy enough fabric" void. I think it worked out well! I used almost every scrap of Echo for this quilt, which makes me both happy and sad.

 Untitled

I think it worked out well! I used almost every scrap of Echo for this quilt, which makes me both happy and sad. I gave it to my friend today (it's a wedding gift), and she really seemed to love it.

14 comments:

Kirsten said...

Looks fabulous Katie - I love the pieced back !

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

It's fantastic! I love the selection of blues you used. And yay for using it all up! I'm all about depleting my stash right now. ;)

Toni said...

Looks great, Katie! I love the double lined quilting!

barbara woods said...

i love that quilt

felicity said...

I absolutely love it! And I, too, have had to deal with the "didn't buy enough of the fabric" gaps - your scraps on the back are a wonderful pop of fun!!

randi--i have to say said...

Very pretty! I like that you stuck with the blues and aquas. Nice! :)

Jodi said...

Beautiful! Great idea of using large blocks for those fun prints. The recipients must love it!

Lee said...

Love it!! I like how you just stuck with the greens and blues and grays from the Echo line. Just beautiful! : )

Leah said...

I love the finished product!

**nicke... said...

it looks like the sea to me. so beautiful katie! lovely job and i love the minimal quilting. it is perfection!

Sana Saroti said...

Looks great! Love the colors!

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Katie. Just stumbled upon your blog. I think you proved that a design doesn't have to be complex to have a great quilt. Your beautiful selection of fabrics really makes this quilt perfect.
best from Tunisia
nadia

Debbie said...

I cleared out my reader by accident this week and apparently missed seeing your Echo quilt - just lovely! Love the binding you chose too. Glad your friend loved it!

Jennifer Cooper said...

Hi Katie,

May I ask what color thread you used for this quilt? I am using the same fabrics in a quilt and can't decide which color to use to quilt it. I like how the thread you chose fades into it and isn't distracting. It looks white. Can you tell me the brand and color please?

Thanks!
Jen