Saturday, June 11, 2011

Scrappy Scottie

I bookmarked this pattern (free! from Denyse Schmidt) a long time ago when there seemed to be a Scottie population boom on the internet. (See cute versions here and here.) But then I kind of forgot about them until I saw this version by Kirsten at Gemini Stitches. We have a birthday party for a 4-year-old girl tomorrow, and I figured this would be a great gift!

Scrappy Scottie
I grabbed scraps from my bin pretty much at random. The side panel is white flannel. I added button eyes and a pink velvet ribbon collar. Easy!

picnikfile_3Dp1Dm
Wish me luck getting him away from this kid (who insists on calling it a donkey)!

9 comments:

**nicke... said...

ha! super cute donkey~!

Jan said...

The last photo is too cute.

Elizabeth Dackson said...

So cute!!! Ryan would totally call that a donkey, too, I bet - and I suspect would not let go :) Good luck!

Leah said...

I love the look on his face as he's squeezing the toy! And what a cute gift.

Ivory Spring said...

Awww... too sweet!

Kirsten said...

Your Scottie is very cute Katie, and I love the fabrics you have used. I think you may have to make another one for your son though:)

Sarah Craig said...

Looks to me like you're going to have to make another one really soon - like maybe before tomorrow!!

Tracey Jacobsen said...

he is adorable with that doggie! ♥ And I love that he's calling it a donkey!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Looks like you will have to make another one. Sew cute!