Sunday, June 26, 2011

Central Park Twins

I'm helping my friend with some quilts for her son and daughter using Central Park fabric and the Lemon Squares pattern from Faith (Fresh Lemons).

"His and Hers" Central Park Quilt Tops
The Central Park fabric is ideal for boy/girl quilts. I used the pink/purple/blue/green prints for the girl quilt and the blue/green/yellow prints for the boy quilt. I added in a few Kona solids too. (I'm always surprised by the size of twin-size quilts. Just me?)

"His" Central Park Quilt Top
Faith's pattern allowed me to fussy cut some of the elements and highlight some of the large-scale prints.

"His" Central Park Quilt Top Close
Some Bahama Blue Kona makes an appearance in both quilts.

"His" Central Park Border
A bit of Kona Stone too. I added a blue cobblestone border to the boy version.

Central Park Quilt Top for "Her"
I used some of the green prints in the girl top to mix things up a bit.

Central Park Quilt Top for "Her"
Kindly excuse the stray threads...


The girl version got a purple cobblestone border. These cobblestones are my favorite prints in the collection.

We just need to decide on some bindings and backings and these will be off to their new home!

18 comments:

Auntie Pami said...

Love them! Great job. I just love that fabric, and that design showcases it well.

Sarah Craig said...

Awfully pretty!! Love that Kate Spain!!!!

Elizabeth Dackson said...

Very nice!!! These look super fab, Katie, love them both - and yes, I absolutely get surprised by how big a twin size quilt is!

Shanea said...

Just found your blog and wow, you are SUPER talented. Love 'em.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your quilts. Can't wait to see them quilted.

Kati said...

Love them both. I agree, that cobblestone fabric is great. I need to get some more of it before it disappears.

Kelly Irene said...

These turned out great! I really love both color combinations, and the cobblestone really is perfect for the border.

Leah said...

So gorgeous. I know they will love them!

Tracey Jacobsen said...

they're really gorgeous Katie!
(and oh yea... twin quilts are big... it's the drop I think!)

You did a great job. :)

felicity said...

These quilts are 100% fabulous. I love that cobblestone print, too. Great job!!

The Bakers said...

Beautiful!
Hugs,
Your Friend

CityHouseStudio said...

Just gorgeous!
There is something stunning about 2 coordinating quilts, hanging side by side!

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

They turned out beautifully! love how they coordinate, but aren't exactly the same! You did a fabulous job.

Meghan said...

OMGOSH I love these!!! They are so cute but yet both girly and boyish in their own way!

Kristy said...

Oh my goodness! Those are gorgeous! Love that fabric line!!!

Angela Nash said...

Nice! Yep, twin size is big!

Linz said...

These are fantastic!! So pretty!

audreypawdrey said...

These are so gorgeous! I really love the pattern you used for these; it is perfect for showcasing this line, which I love!