Tuesday, August 2, 2011

WIP Wednesday

First WIP Wednesday in August! I was feeling a little pouty about the end of summer, but we've been having temps over 100 degrees lately, so now I'm thinking fall can't come soon enough!!


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Finished:

Central Park quilts


Central Park Twins stacked
Hooray! More here.

Ongoing projects:

Kaleidoscope babies
Got one basted tonight. I'm hoping to get this quilted and bound before Elizabeth's deadline!

Tree quilts



#1 is quilted, ready for binding. #2 is in the works. These are twin-size quilts for a friend. She's going to use them in her daughter's room. Sorry for the crummy picture. It's on a queen bed here, with the top folded down and the back showing. On the twin bed, the tree will be on top of the mattress and the white fabric will hang over the edges.

Completed tops awaiting quilting:
sigh. One day, my friends.
Red Letter Day quilt
Postage Stamp quilt


To do:
For the Love of Solids Swap. Partner received. Waiting on a few solids to arrive.
4x5 blocks
Sew Beautiful blocks for Kati
do. Good Stitches Starflower blocks for August
Modern Crosses wall quilt
Deer quilt
Garden Fence Quilt-Along

Head over to Lee's to see what everyone else is working on!

15 comments:

Linz said...

Oh, my! That tree quilt looks amazing!! I can't wait to see it all finished up! Both of them! :)

Lee said...

What Linz said. : ) That tree quilt is amazing! I'm assuming that's the quilt you were talking about with all the applique. I can see why that would be tough, but it will be so worth it in the end!

Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

felicity said...

Thirded about the tree quilt - gorgeous!

Elizabeth Dackson said...

Wow, I'm loving the tree quilt so far!!! Looks just amazing :) Can't wait to see a bigger pic!

Tanya said...

I love the central park quilt and the tree quilt! Both so beautiful!

Toni said...

Count me in for the love-fest on your tree quilt. It really is great, perfect for a little girl's room! Hope your friends realize how lucky they are to have you!

Debbie said...

Oh, your CP quilt is lovely!! I just finished one, too, and I don't think we could go wrong with that line! Beautiful tree quilt too - wow!

Cassie said...

That tree quilt is just great!!

Kati said...

That tree quilt looks so great. I bet the applique is a beast though.

Kathy said...

I have a thing about tree quilts, and I love yours -- great idea!

Natalie said...

I love the tree quilt! Such a good idea! Also, the central park quilts are gorgeous-- congrats on the multiple finishes!

Rylee Kettner said...

I love the idea of using the tree quilt for a bed, I never thought of that! I made a wall hanging version of it with an extra charm pack I had, and it was so fun I think I may just have to make a bug one now too!

Melinda said...

The Central Park quilts are beautiful and the tree quilts are gorgeous!

Tracey Jacobsen said...

great tree quilt! (and I've already told you I like the other ones). :)

FabricDonkey said...

Gorgeous quilts! I love the boy/girl Central Park quilts too - adorable!