Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Pips!

Sherbet Pips front
I finished up my Sherbet Pips quilt in time to give it to my niece for her baptism. I didn't buy any of the Sherbet Pips line when it first was released, and now it's getting a little hard to find. I just wanted some of the pinks, and I was able to find them (on sale!) here. I wanted the quilt to be simple and sweet, so I came up with this basic design using three half-yards of the prints and some solids.


Sherbet Pips back
I used the rest of the half-yards on the back, plus some squares from a charm pack. I just might like the back better than the front.


Aneela Hoey helpfully listed some matching Bella solids on her blog. I framed the prints with Bella 30s Pink, and then used the Bella Gray for sashing.


I used some more of the Bella Gray on the back, along with some bigger pieces of the prints and some patchwork.


Quilting? Loopy.


After seeing Adrianne's Pips quilt, I knew the scarf print was the only choice for binding. Done and gifted!

I'm linking up to Sew Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations!!
{Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations

22 comments:

Debbie said...

Very, very cute rendition of the pips! Good going!

felicity said...

LOVE! I think I might prefer the back just a teensy bit. But that makes it reversible! Hooray!!

Kelly said...

It's pink-tac-u-lar! I love it!

Kristie said...

Love both the front and back :)

Shanley said...

Very nice! I love the simplicity of the front and then the fun of the back.

Angela Nash said...

Cute way to frame those large print pieces on the front. But I really do love the back. Something about the big pieces with the patchwork. Awesome finish!

CityHouseStudio said...

This is so sweet, Katie. And I LOVE the back.
Wonderful binding, too!!!

Manda said...

Very cute!

Elizabeth Dackson said...

So lovely, Katie!!! I especially love the back and the binding...mental note whenever I use my Pips stash to use that scarf print for binding, it's awesome!

Kelly Irene said...

Katie, this is really cute! I like that the back and front are pretty different so she can enjoy each one equally! I wish more designers would list matching solids with their lines...I think that's such a great idea.

elizabeth said...

What a precious quilt...I am sure she will love it : )

Go-Go Kim said...

Beautiful!!! I love the pink ad gray :o)

Marci Girl said...

What an awesome baptism gift! It really turned out so beautiful Katie!

Heather D. said...

Very beautiful. Love the pips!

Leah said...

I don't know which side I love more!

Linz said...

LOVE IT! That turned out so cute! Your neice will love it!

Kirsten said...

Love your Pips quilt!!

Toni said...

Katie, it is so sweet! Great baptism gift. I love both sides and the binding choice was perfect!

KendasCrafts said...

That looks great! Love the pink. What size is it?

audreypawdrey said...

It is lovely! I have some of that fabric destined for a quilt soon!

Anonymous said...

It is very pretty! I like both front and back. You did an excellent job. :)

Little Bluebell (Adrianne) said...

Katie!! This is so cute. Your niece is a very lucky little girl. You know I love the binding!!! ; )