Monday, April 18, 2011

Supernova in Central Park

Lee posted the final instructions for piecing the Supernova top on Thursday, and I couldn't wait to get this quilt finished up.

SupernovaFinished
I love it! Lee is a great quilt-along host. Her instructions are clear, and she had helpful tips along the way. If she ever decides to host another, I'll be first in line! I love the cheery, bright prints of Kate Spain's Central Park fabric, and I think it works well with the Supernova design.

Supernova back
For the back, I used some randomly sized strips of Central Park (influenced by Ashley's strip quilts and this quilt from Faith of Fresh Lemons) and one strip of Kona Aqua.

Supernova Binding
The binding is Kona Eggplant, and I used the neutral Cobblestone print from Central Park in the border.

Supernova close
I tried to do some fussy cutting for the center squares.

Supernova Finished2
I asked Luke what he thought of this quilt, and he said, "It looks like all of the colors of Batman!" He kind of has a one-track mind.

19 comments:

CityHouseStudio said...

It's beautiful, Katie!
And you are so FAST to have this finished up already, wow!

Kati said...

It turned out so great. I love these colors, and the fussy cut trees are perfect.

Elizabeth Dackson said...

This looks so fantastic, Katie, I just love it!!! I am positively green, especially after all the trouble I had tonight with my backing, but in a good way ;) And Ryan would absolutely echo what Luke said - he's just as obsessed with Batman right now!!

Shanna of Fiber of All Sorts said...

this is lovely!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quilt! I love the central park in this supernova pattern. Great job!

Lee said...

Um, can you hear me squealing from there??? Katie, it's GORGEOUS! And the first one completely done (that I've seen)! The border accents, the binding, the pieced back ... all perfection. Love it!

Lee said...

Oh, and thanks for the nice comments about my quilt-along! There may be another one in my future one of these days.

Tracey Jacobsen said...

If I knew how to wolf whistle, I would right now -- just for you and your quilt. :) Love the back too -- but beautiful quilt my friend!

felicity said...

Love love love. This looks absolutely fantastic!

Manda said...

Totally gorgeous! Love the back too :)

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

that looks fantastic! You did such a great job and super fast!!

Kelly Irene said...

Your quilt turned out beautifully! I like the strip piecing on the back.

Robin said...

beautiful.

Megan said...

This is so beautiful!! The Kona Eggplant is the perfect choice for the binding. Every time I see someone use it in their quilt, I vow to get my hands on some myself.

Carolyn said...

Wow! That is absolutely gorgeous! Love the front and love the back!

audreypawdrey said...

This is so beautiful! I have this on my must make list, and your beautiful quilt is moving it further up the list!

Anonymous said...

Katie, Are there any quilting contests in your area? I Think you would win, hands down.

Grandma

Bluebell Ridge Handworks said...

This turned out so beautiful! Thanks for sharing all of the great pictures and details of your quilt...fun, fun, fun!

Linz said...

This is so beautiful Katie!!! Well done!