Sunday, December 18, 2011

Wrapping it up.

I had a few too many "fall asleep on the couch at 9 p.m. while watching Storage Wars" nights this week, so it was time to kick in to productivity mode.

Notebook cover
I unrolled a Rouenneries honey bun to make this composition book cover (tutorial by V and Co).


Made PJ pants for Luke using leftover Batman flannel and Dana's tutorial.


Last year, I made a voile and velveteen Figure 8 scarf using Anna Maria Horner's tutorial. She used 18-inch-wide fabric, and it looks really cute in her pictures. It made me look like a velveteen turtle. After seeing skinnier versions popping up online (most recently by Krista and Angela), I decided to cut it in half and make two 9-inch scarves. Better. (Photo courtesy of the 4-year-old)


Finished up this little owl. (Pattern from the Holiday 2010 issue of Knit Simple.)


More of these.


And more of these.

Santa hat brownies
And some Santa hat brownies for the preschool Christmas party.

*This post is bought to you by Diet Coke.

10 comments:

Elizabeth Dackson said...

Oh yay, Luke and Ryan will have matching PJ pants :) Look at you go!! I'm right there with you, conking out too early on the couch the last few nights, too, with still mountains to do before Christmas. Looks like you're going to pull your holiday together just in the nick with time to spare!

Debbie said...

oh how fun! You really got into gear!! Love the santa had snacks!

Sarah Craig said...

My goodness you've been productive! Hooray for you!!

Tracey Jacobsen said...

yea... seriously productive! Dang lady... I'm impressed with all that handicrafty goodness.

Linz said...

Good ole Diet Coke. What would we do without it?

LOVE everything!! Way to be so so productive!!

Angela Nash said...

Fun all around. And love the Diet Coke sponsorship :)

felicity said...

Wow! I've just embraced that my gifts to my goddaughters and my mom and dad are going to be late. It did wonders for my stress. I am so impressed by your lovely projects!

Toni said...

Look at you and your mega-productivity! Luke is a cutie modeling his pants and so are you and your scarf! Love your glasses!

CityHouseStudio said...

Hilarious, Katie - love the diet coke!
I did the same thing with the infinity scarf -- after making it the full width, I couldn't believe how ridiculous I looked! I also cut mine in half, and am much happier with it (and have one to give to my sister for a present)!

Jennifer said...

I love those brownies! Now, as for that owl. TOO CUTE!! I'd love to learn to make those little guys for my future niece/nephew. Is it hard to learn?