Friday, December 30, 2011

2011: A very quilty year

Quilts of 2011
Here they are: My quilts of 2011. I'm sure we can all agree that 26 is a perfectly reasonable number of quilts to make in a year. Moving on.

I don't think I could pick a favorite, but the Houndstooth quilt is definitely toward the top.

So, what does 2012 have in store? First on my list is finishing my do. Good Stitches quilt, and then I have some bee blocks to tackle. After that, I really want to finish up my Fabricland and Postage Stamp quilts. A few quilt-alongs have caught my eye (Megan and Jeni's Sparkle quilt-along is definitely a go).

Rockin Robin
I'd like to try some more hand-stitching. I embroidered this little bird for my mom (whose name is Robin), and really enjoyed it. (Pattern by Aneela.)

More generally, I'd like to slow down a little bit and be a little more adventurous with my sewing.

I've been away from my sewing machine for a while (my son asked me several times why I didn't pack it), so it's time to get reacquainted!

11 comments:

Kati said...

I love seeing all these mosaics. It's just fun to sum up all the projects for the year. You have completed some really fun projects this year.

Toni said...

Oh my word, Katie! 26 quilts might qualify for an intervention! Seriously though, your quilts and your productivity is amazing! And the robin is super-cute, too!

Lee said...

OMG. Do you realize you finished more quilts this year than Elizabeth??? I didn't think ANYBODY finished more quilts than Elizabeth. LOL.

No, but seriously, these are all so gorgeous, Katie. Impressive work. I don't think I could pick a favorite either! Oh, okay, I can. It's Supernova. : ) Here's to 2012, can't wait to see what you'll do!

Linz said...

I love all those quilts!! So pretty! And that robin is darling!! Happy New Year!

Debbie said...

Oh my goodness - you had an amazing year! Your quilts are so beautiful!

Robin said...

Unbelievable. Add up all of your other projects and it is hard to figure out when you sleep.

I love my Robin.

felicity said...

I love all your projects! Here's to more fabulous stitching in 2012!

Lindsay Conner said...

Haha, VERY reasonable number of quilts. Wowza! Please join our year-end link party at http://www.craftbuds.com/craft-buds-2011-year-in-review-link-party, if you'd like!

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

lol, 26 IS a reasonable number of quilts for one year! I love that. Gorgeous work this year. Happy New Year!

Tracey Jacobsen said...

You're amazing. :)

It's been to fun to have "met" you! Happy New year to your fam! (I meant to tell you too that your Christmas picture was cute).

CityHouseStudio said...

YIkes, 26 is a huge number!
I loved looking at all of your quilts again, Katie.
I'm excited for Megan and Jeni's quilt along, too!