Sunday, May 16, 2010

Dahlia the doll

Luke's little friend is having a third birthday party next weekend, so I made her a doll using Melly & Me's Dahlia pattern.

Photobucket
I was way intimidated by this pattern at first because it had, like, lots of words and stuff. But once I actually sat down and read the words, it was actually easy to follow. Plus the instructions are so polite! She says things like, "Please ensure that all seams meet."

Photobucket

Her dress is my favorite part.

Photobucket
Here she is unadorned. I had to buy a 5-inch-long doll-makers needle to attach her arms. Felt just like Geppetto.

Photobucket

I hope Maddi likes her! I had fun putting her together.

Hey, I'm participating in Sew, Mama, Sew's giveaway day, so be sure to come back tomorrow!

10 comments:

Robin said...

she turned out so cute, Katie. I love her dress.

Claire said...

She's too stickin' CUTE!

I've seen that line of patterns before, but have been unsure about them....now I think I should go buy a couple and give it a try.

Unknown said...

I think your mom made my girls dolls when they were little and they were adorable, too. Like mother, like daughter...

Leah said...

First of all, I had no idea there was such a thing as a doll-maker's needle. I loved the fabrics that you used in the outfit. This reminds me of Laura's doll Charlotte in Little House in the Big Woods. What a sweet present!

Anonymous said...

Love her...
Nat

Kaye Prince said...

She's so sweet Katie! I wish I had a doll just like her ;)

Shannon said...

Great job. I especially love her feet.

Colette said...

She is soooo SWEET and I'm sure she'll ADORE her!

Beth said...

oh my word she is so stinkin adorable! I love her little dress you made her too, it makes even more special!

Cheryl Arkison said...

I react the same way to patterns. The more words, the more I twitch.