Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Read it: The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale

I've been reading lots of depressing, serious books lately, so I decided to try something different.



I can't remember why I picked up this book (I must've read about it somewhere...), but I really liked it. Yes, it's a young adult book, but there was plenty of suspense to keep me entertained.

The Goose Girl
is a retelling of a Grimms' fairy tale: "On her way to marry a prince she's never met, Princess Anidori is betrayed by her guards and her lady-in-waiting and must become a goose girl to survive until she can reveal her true identity and reclaim the crown that is rightfully hers."

Check it out if you're looking for something light and entertaining. This book has three sequels (Enna Burning, Forest Born, and River Secrets), and Hale also wrote a Newberry Honor book (Princess Academy). Oh, and as I'm looking at her Web site, I see that she has another book called Austenland, about a woman obsessed with Colin Firth's Mr. Darcy. I'll be adding all of these to my list.

1 comments:

Sunshine said...

sounds interesting, I'll search my library for it :)