Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Hankie Apron

My grandma gave me her collection of handkerchiefs. I don't see any point in letting them sit in a box forever, so I'm trying to think of things to do with them. I think I can find some ideas in this book. And I'm going to try this too.

Today my mom helped me put together an apron to give my grandma for Christmas (is that a regift?) using two of the hankies and some coordinating fabric. Hope she likes it. We used the Apron in an Hour tutorial.

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

The Bakers said...

What a great idea! And it turned out so pretty.

Stephanie said...

Wow, I LOVE that idea. It looks lovely!

Leah said...

I meant to reply to this before and I forgot. I know that you've been looking for a way to use the handkerchiefs, and I think that this is such a meaningful way to use them. It looks really pretty. I'm sure your Grandma loved it.

Nathantcth said...

What a great idea! And it turned out so pretty.