Friday, March 27, 2009

HBO envy



I miss HBO. We had it until a few months ago, but we canceled it because our cable bill was ca-RAZY expensive. What can I say? I'm a recessionista.

I was feeling okay about it until I started hearing reports of how awesome (yes, controversial too) the third season of Big Love was. Sure, I'll Netflix season three when it comes out on DVD. Still not the same, especially because I accidentally read a big fat spoiler on EW.com today. Der.
And now I'm regretting that I'll miss the new series, The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency. I've enjoyed the books by Alexander McCall Smith. Have you read them? They're breezy, easy-to-read mystery novels. I bet the show is going to be good.
Ahh, books. I remember those. Maybe I should start reading them again instead of lamenting my lack of premium channels...

If you watch The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency (it premieres on Sunday), let me know if you like it. If it's awesome, break it to me gently.

4 comments:

Leah said...

Not to mention Will Ferrell's special and True Blood (when it comes back).

lindsey said...

I hear you on the large cable bill--I have called twice in the last year, pointed out to them that i don't have a CHOICE but to use them, and I got my "special" pricing reinstated. Annoying to be on the phone with them but it has worked.

Katie B said...

Don't worry, Leah. I'll get it again before True Blood and Entourage start back up.

Christensen said...

These are what you want to check: Check for a blown fuse Its that time of year. Maple has a delicious sweet flavor, and pure maple syrup is great for more than just pancakes and melt-in-your-mouth maple sugar candy. Occupy Los Angeles: swarming the financial district