Monday, July 30, 2012

Paper-piecing adventure

July is Kati's month for our Sew Beautiful Bee. She sent us glorious stacks of gray and yellow fabric, along with a request for (preferably) paper-pieced stars. My paper-piecing experience is very limited, but I decided to give it a go, and I'm really happy with the result!
  Pioneer's compass for @the_blue_chair !
 I found some gorgeous Pioneer's Compass blocks made by Jen Johnston on Flickr. She linked to a downloadable pattern from eQuiltPatterns. I downloaded it (for the low low price of 99 cents!) and got to work. It was a challenge for sure, and my seam ripper was always close at hand. The site lists it as a difficulty of 1 (out of 5). I'm glad I didn't try a more difficult pattern!
  Paper piecing like a boss. For @the_blue_chair !
It's definitely not perfect, but I'm quite proud of my effort! I cannot WAIT to see how Kati's quilt comes together.

12 comments:

Linz said...

It looks gorgeous!!! Way to go!!

Heather D. said...

Katie, it's amazing!

Angela Nash said...

That's really good!!! Love what you chose, and it looks like you did an amazing job with it.

Sarah Craig said...

It's very very pretty - and I think you did a wonderful job!! Way to go!!

Toni said...

It looks awesome! She is going to have such a beautiful quilt with all these great blocks everyone keeps posting!

felicity said...

It looks pretty darn perfect to me! Great job!!

Debbie said...

wow! It's looking awesome!

Kati said...

Thanks so much for making this Katie! I love it! I can't believe they said it was a 1 out of 5 though. That looks like a hard block.

Cindy said...

The compass block is absolutely wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Great block. You should be very proud of it.

Caroline said...

Love your star, beautiful!!

Cille said...

Beautiful star.... It looks absolutely perfect :)