One of my friends is having a baby boy soon, and I just finished up this quilt for them.
I was excited to find out that I had enough Riley Blake All Star fabric left over from this quilt to make another baby boy quilt. I used this tutorial on Sew Mama Sew for a Charm Squares baby quilt. Quick and easy. I added some Kona Orange and Grass Green. I debated with myself over the sashing. I thought about orange or green. I considered white too, but that seemed impractical. In the end, I settled on this dark brown. I was afraid it might be too drab for a baby quilt, but in the end I think it looks pretty cool.
I went with the robotic/blocky quilting again. I think I'm getting a little better at it. The binding is Kona Grass too.
I had a tough time settling on a plan for the back. I really wanted this to be a 100% stash quilt, but I didn't have enough yardage of any one color of solid for the backing.
So...after some advanced math...I came up with this!
Luckily the boy's name starts with F and not, say, Q. This little boy is joining a family who has an appreciation for the orange and blue combination, and I had just enough of each to make this work. I need to get this in the mail! I hope it is well-loved.
Spectrum ~ A New Quilt Pattern
1 hour ago