Monday, January 17, 2011

For me: pincushion organizer

I have a bad habit of leaving my sewing supplies all over the house. I'm always sticking my needle in the arm of the sofa and then forgetting about it. Not long ago, my 3-year-old brought me a needle he found and said, "What's this, mommy? It hurts." So...I suppose a more practical solution was in order.

Enter: My pincushion organizer.
PincushionOrganizer1
This project has been on my list for a long time. I used this tutorial on Sew, Mama, Sew. It's from Elizabeth of Oh, Fransson.

Pincushion2
The little scrap bag is detachable.

Pincushion3
The pincushion has a little felt strip for needles. Better than the sofa arm, yes?

Pincushion4
It works well on your fancy sewing table. Or kitchen table. Whatever the case may be.

I'm linking up with Sew Modern Monday with Megan of Canoe Ridge Creations. Check out her blog for more projects!
{Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations

10 comments:

Megan said...

Awesome! This is great! I am going to have to bookmark this and make one for myself. :) Thanks for linking up!

Leah said...

Adorable! And I especially love your pin styling.

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

Yay! I have been wanting to make one of these for a while and had not found a pattern or tute to help me. Thank you for posting this! Yours is really cute. I lose my needles all the time and it usually found with an ouch!

Kaye Prince said...

Very cool! I really do need to make myself something like that too - although I do keep a pincushion on the table beside the sofa (however this has never stopped me from threading pins and needles through the thighs of my track pants as a place to keep them).

felicity said...

Super awesome!!

Kristie said...

Love it!

Robin said...

very clever.

The Bakers said...

I like it, and I'm envisioning alternate uses for copy editors. Holders for editing pencils, bag for snacks, pillow for power naps? (Without the needles, of course.)

Staci said...

Since I couldn't spot an email address link, I'm going to add this to the comments here.
Please check out the post on my blog today. Because I enjoy your blog so much, and admire your creativity and good humor,
I've given you a Stylish Blogger award! The details are in my post, and I hope you'll pass it on!

Thanks for the good reads and inspiration!

Staci Payne
http://theconfusedquilter.blogspot.com/

urban craft said...

ah, that's super handy for people like me who don't have craft rooms and need to resort to crafting on the couch. Well done!