Friday, June 11, 2010

Pinwheels in progress...

So I fell a little behind on Rachel's quiltalong. But I'm getting caught up! I have all of the blocks made and sewn together.

Photobucket

Rachel's pattern suggests adding a thin cream sashing around the whole quilt, but I've been seeing some really cool borders in the Flickr group. (Like this one. And this one. And this one!) I feel like this quilt has a lot going on already, but I love the look of these borders. What do you think? Add a scrappy border or leave it alone?

8 comments:

Jodi said...

Add a scrappy border, definitely! I checked out the ones you mentioned on Flickr - I like the third one the best - it's less formal and more fun!

Robin said...

all of those other quilts look like they have a lot going on and their borders all look good.

I say, go for a border. But don't ask me which one, I like them all.

This quilt turned out beautiful, by the way.

Tracey Jacobsen said...

I agree with Jodi and like the third one best!

Great quilt Katie! I need to catch up! I love this in the Hope Valley... My favorite block is the second from the right, second from the bottom. :)

Claire said...

Well your doing better than I am right now....for some reason i just lost interest.....but on the upside, I was inspired by the doll you made not too long ago....so I bought a few patterns myself and are going to test them out this weekend. Have a great weekend!

Kaye Prince said...

I say put a thin white border around the whole quilt and then add a scrappy border - fun, fun!

Anonymous said...

I also say "border it baby" :) I think the borders on the other 3 quilts that you linked to really pull the quilts together and make the pin wheels pop. Great work!!

Kris said...

I love the way the border looks on those other quilts! I think it pulls it all together and sets the pinwheels off perfectly!

Leah said...

Um, wow. I like the scrappy borders.