Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Trifecta

Trifecta
Last year, my mom's friend asked me to make quilts for her 10 (!) grandchildren. She chose fabric to match each child's interest, which made for some fun quilts! I was really relieved to finish them up at the end of November so I could have some time to work on other Christmas sewing.


Zig-Zag Campers
camper zigzag
 I came up with this pattern on my own after not quite finding what I was looking for online.

  Untitled
 The fabric is Summer Camp by Mark Cesarik.

  International Colorblock
Colorblock
  The Colorblock pattern by Bijou Lovely seemed like a good fit for these large-scale prints. I altered the pattern a little to change it from a baby size to a throw.

  Untitled

  Doglandia
Doglandia
Finally, a simple quilt using Peter Horjus' Doglandia fabric.

  Untitled

I knew I wanted to keep the Brady Bunch-style dog fabric in tact, so I cut other fabrics in large (about 12-inch) squares.

  Untitled

 On the back of this one, I framed some yardage of the dog print with leftovers of the other prints. And here they are: all 10 finished quilts.

  10!

8 comments:

Dresden Lane said...

Wow- this is so impressive and generous of you. I love them all.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

10 is a lot of quilts, especially for someone else.

Robin said...

They are beautiful, Katie. The kids are gonna love them.

Elizabeth Dackson said...

Wow! So would that be a dec-a-fecta then? Hmm, now I'm going to have to google that! Fantastic, congrats on finishing them all before the holidays!!!!

LisaAnn said...

What an accomplishment! They are all so nice! Great job, Katie!

Heather D. said...

Wowzers, 10 commissioned quilts? That's amazing! I don't think that I would commit to that. But you're probably nicer than me. haha :)

Sarah said...

This is amazing! So generous of you and so much work spent on them over the year. They are lovely designs too. Great work!

The Momma said...

These are all so gorgeous! I have yet to finish my first quilt (although I'm working hard on one that I want to get done to give my best friend as a belated Christmas present), but I love fabric and all things quilty. I found your blog via the Birmingham MQG blog (which I found via the main MQG website). I live in the area and would love to join you.