Remember this quilt? I asked for opinions on the sashing, made some crazy graphs, decided on the black, and said I'd be back soon with the finished quilt. That was January 27. The quilt top got stuck in a pile, awaiting further attention. Lately I've been very eager to sew up my Lucky Stars blocks from my most recent bee, but it seemed wrong to do that before finishing this quilt from last year's bee.
So I finished it! You know I'm going to be excited to mark this one off my WIP list. A big thanks to the women of my bee who contributed these awesome blocks. The little borders are Kona Bahama Blue, as is the binding. The sashing is black. I quilted in straight lines with light blue thread. I'm not super thrilled with the way it turned out, but it will do the job. All of the prints are from Lizzy House's Red Letter Day.
For the back, I wanted to put the rest of my Red Letter Day stash to use. That fabric is too cute to sit in a drawer. So I sewed together large blocks of the fabric, keeping like colors together.
I've decided to donate this quilt as a part of Kate's (Swim, Bike, Quilt) 100 Quilts for Kids Campaign. She's asking for people to donate quilts to a local charity, and then link up to her blog in September. I need to research some charities in my area, but I'm going to be happy to send this to a new home!
practicality and a pink patchwork pincushion
2 days ago