I finished my Bottled Rainbows quilt, and we took it on location for a photo shoot. (Yes, there were other people at this location. Yes, they looked at me like I was nuts.)
I was worried that the precariously draped quilt would fall in the water. I was more concerned that I would fall in the water. We both left dry!
I used particularly rainbowy prints from Ann Kelle's Remix for the backing and binding. (Thanks for pointing me in this direction, Elizabeth!) I love the 1980s feel of that line.
I loved the quilt-as-you go angle of this project. It's something I'll try more of in the future.
This was billed as a leisurely quilt-along, but I quickly got addicted to putting the blocks together.
I asked Luke to name our donkey, and he decided on Diego. I like it (and I'm surprised he didn't choose Batman). You can kind of see the quilting in this photo. I tried to quilt lines on either side of the seams, but the bulky intersections gave me too much trouble. I ripped that out and attached the blocks to the backing by quilting around the scrappy center. Hope that's enough!
I considered cutting these stripes on the bias, but I ended up deciding against it. Still second-guessing that decision.
My patient photo assistant
Definitely check out Rachel's quilt-along if you're in the market for a scrappy project!
3Q with Lydia Netzer (Yeah, with PRIZES)
1 hour ago